PARTICIPATING IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR REGION
The desire to share the company’s development with that of our region of origin is a major characteristic of the group:
- 76% of the group’s research and development staff are based in the Midi-Pyrénées (Toulouse region),
- we are the largest private employer in the Tarn,
- we are among the top five private employers in the Midi-Pyrénées,
- from 2007 to 2011, over a five-year period, we invested €250 million in our production units in the South-west of France,
- Nearly 75% of our purchasing takes place in France, including over 25% in Midi-Pyrénées.
Mr. Pierre Fabre was one of the founders of Tarn Entreprendre, an association that helps new businesses start up. This association has supported the creation of 430 jobs since it began in 1997. Nearly 102 projects have been implemented and 75 companies are still active today. The estimated aggregated turnover of these 75 companies (50 new companies and 25 buy-outs) is €35 million.
PARTNERS OF STRUCTURING PROJECTS
- Involvement with the Canceropôle in the Greater South-western region of France
Formed as part of the first national Cancer Plan, the Canceropôle brings the ambitions of academic research in oncology to the regions of Aquitaine, Midi-Pyrénées, Languedoc-Roussillon, and Limousin.
- Cancer-Bio-Health competitiveness hub
The Cancer-Bio-Health competitiveness hub brings together all players in the fight against cancer in the Midi-Pyrénées region. It aims to make national research funding available to scientific projects, following a selection process. We participate in the activities of this hub.
- Installation of high-speed internet in the south of Tarn
We are one of the founding stakeholders in the Intermediasud mixed economy society, which manages a high-speed network and has made the Castres-Mazamet area a pioneer of the digital economy; today it is one of the leading French areas with infrastructure for the mass storage of digital data.
- Rebirth of the Abbaye École de Sorèze (Sorèze Abbey-School)
Thanks to the installation of the Pierre Fabre University at this important place in the history of the 18th century, the Abbaye École de Sorèze has rediscovered its original vocation.
PARTNERS OF CASTRES OLYMPIQUE
Our company is the main partner of Castres Olympique, one of the top rugby clubs in France, which won the national championship in 1993 and has regularly qualified for the Heineken European cup.